Thursday, June 5, 2008

As Promised...

...The WHOLE story. Since it was my birthday, Taylor took the day off and we spent the whole day at the beach. We had breakfast on Balboa Island, and took the ferry over to the Peninsula. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful. All day long we laughed and talked, enjoying our first trip to the ocean this summer.  

We also went to his Grandpa's beach house and borrowed the bikes. We rode everywhere we went that day, so fun!
At the end of the day we went back to his Grandpa's house to freshen up for our dinner reservations at Abbondanza. For those of you who may not know, I LOVE this restaurant. When we got in the car, he told me our dinner reservations were actually a half hour later but he wanted to do something a little more sentimental since we are on a "birthday spending budget." He took me out to "Spot P", a lifeguard stand where we tried to watch the sunrise one time when we first started dating. It was there that he said he had gone a little over budget, and before I knew it he was down on one knee, asking me to marry him. I was shocked to say the least. I laughed for a long time, and then burst into tears as I began to realize what was happening. It was the most surreal moment of my life. We headed over to Abbondonza, and when we walked in all of our closest family and friends were there for a surprise party for my birthday. Of course I thought they were all there because of the engagement. Taylor leaned over and whispered, they don't know! I helped up my ring, and the screaming could be heard for miles. It was so sweet to be able to see my family's reaction. (Of course our parent's knew, he had asked them!). Anyway, T had rented out the whole restaurant and had specially designed a menu of all of my favorite things. It was amazing. I have never felt so loved. And now I am thrilled to be marrying him! (I apologize for the cheesy nature of this post, but come on, it's about our engagement, did you expect less?)

This is me and my future father-in-law. He gave such a sweet toast welcoming me into the Neece family,
All of my new family!
My sisters, with the classic pose. Whenever one of us gets engaged we put our hands like this, and the new bride puts her ring on top! 
One of our dearest and funniest friends, Polk.
My best friends, Whit and Sam. I love you girls!
Us four girls and our dad.
Me and my future husband....
The five of us. Life couldn't get any sweeter.

4 comments:

The Hofschroer's said...

We are so happy for you guys! Marriage is the best gift ever!?! May you continue to honor the Lord together in all you do!
Oh yeah... props to Tay for an awesome proposal!

gabrielle said...

Congratulations Brittany! I was thrilled to hear about the engagement! I'm so happy for you both :)

Jenni said...

Thanks for sharing pictures Britt! It's so exciting. I'm happy for you two. Congratulations!

janelle said...

yes! i get to see the rock on sunday! woohoo!