Saturday, June 7, 2008

Amidst the Wedding Craziness

This is Sam writing.
Well there are six of us here in P.Vill Apt. #2 and of the six...three are getting married! It sounds like chaos, and it kind of is, but it has been one of the sweetest times of life that I have encountered yet! I could forgo the comments like, "Don't worry your Mr. Right is just around the corner" or "I just want you to know...you are taking this really well" I know the comments are said with no bad intentions.. it just makes me realize that some people really don't know me at ll and i feel like saying to them, "I AM 21!!!!!!" Some people make it seem like I am an old maid.. its actually quit entertaining, I have more recently been contemplating making a huge scene the next time someone says something like that, breaking down into uncontrollable tears to see how awkward the other person would feel...i'll let you know how it goes. No, in all seriousness though I love where God has me right now. I am about to leave for East Asia and I have just joined the Starbucks softball team. Now that is pure entertainment! Our games are every sunday night.. and I AM NOT GOOD!! But I make everyone laugh so I'm ok with it and I get to meet new people from other stores that I don't know, which I love! Well, this is getting rather long... I am slightly shocked how much I actually enjoy this whole "blogging" concept.. its like I get to say all my thoughts with absolute disregard to trying to make conversation, entertaining people or any-sort of formality. It's nice

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Dear Sam,
I would read your blog all the time if you had one:) Softball sounds so fun! Would you like to golf sometime??

The Hofschroer's said...

Sam,
I would love to hear from you more often...
~Amy

RobinDayle said...

Oh Sam...how I love getting those same comments. Ha. People mean well, but they just have no idea.

Yay for rejoicing in where God has us right now...unattached to do His work with Everything we have!

Oh, and they def. did not have Starbucks softball when I was there...I would've been all over that. Well, actually probably not. Haha.

Oh, and I enjoy reading your blog entries too!
Can we hang out soon? You're fun.

Unknown said...

Robin... are you hitting on Sam?

Anonymous said...

(starbucks softball team eh?

so do you guys like ice down some coffee to help cool you down?)

T-minus a few days less than a month and we'll get to see sam!